BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, October 20, 2012

Life is Grand


I just realized it's been a while since I blogged last. I guess we have been busy, but not with anything of much importance. We really haven't had anything that exciting to share with the blogging world! I did pull out all of our Fall and Halloween decorations. I also planted some pretty pansies and mums and bought some fun pumpkins recently. 



As I mentioned in the last blog, I signed up for my first half marathon!  Since then, I have been training away. I have been doing short runs during the week and a long run on the weekend. So far I have worked my way up to a little over 9 miles! Race day is 4 weeks away...I am excited and nervous all at the same time!

Knowing that I purposely signed myself up to run 13.1 miles, you probably already know I REALLY enjoy running. Through all of my running I wore out my running shoes and got a cute new pair to replace them. They are the Noosa Tri-7s. I am pretty obsessed with them!

Last weekend we made the trek to Oxford, Mississippi for the Auburn v. Ole Miss game. I took a personal day on Friday, so we were able to head over there Thursday after I got off work. Britt and I love Oxford very much. I've said it before, but we are suckers for old town squares that are still alive and thriving. Upon arriving, we went to the Square and grabbed dinner at Rooster's. The food isn't great there, but we were hungry! Friday we enjoyed lunch at our favorite spot, Ajax. While we waited on our food to arrive I enjoyed an Ajax Bloody Mary. And as always, the food lived up to its standard. I had my usual cheese grits, fried okra, and {the vegetable of the day} collards, with a side of jalapeno corn bread! After lunch Debbie, Kelsey, and I went shopping on the Square! I got a cute new watch and some really cute new shoes I have had my eye on for the last several weeks. While we girls were shopping Al and Britt went to the Library {a bar, ha!} to have a beer. That night we enjoyed dinner at Boure' on the square with Debbie and Al and it was quite delicious.

Right when we got to the house and before we went to eat at Rooster's.

 Kicking the weekend off right!

 Bloody Mary at Ajax!

 This food is delicious.

 Precious Lilly dress...I almost bought it for our future {and I mean far away future} little girl just because of how sweet it is {and because an elephant is the mascot of our political party, not our football team, ha!}

 I am literally obsessed with my new shoes...I have worn them to teach Kindergarten in twice and they are very comfortable...not often that you get cute and comfort all-in-one!

 I just love him.

I got pretty lucky in the sister-in-law department:)

Fast forward to Saturday morning. We got up bright and early to head to the Grove since kickoff was at 11:00. We had a few cocktails and then we headed to the game. We cheered our little hearts out, but obviously not enough to pull Auburn through to a victory! We encountered rude Ole Miss fans for the very first time. We were in shock....Ole Miss fans are always SO nice! We didn't let them bother us, though. We went back to our tent in the Grove and drowned our sorrows with good company, cold drinks, and great music by a guy named Daniel. We danced until dusk and then it was time to go back to the house. All in all, the day was a blast!


 We ran into Colonel Reb before the game! 




This is the guy, Daniel, who played some great music! 

Gotta love the South!

Lookin' a little rough....

Trying to capture the Grove, but I can't do it justice! 

Love me some Ashton!



I can'y believe it, but school has been in for 9 weeks (really 10, now) already! It seems like just yesterday I was frantically making sure everything was ready for my new babies to come to Kindergarten. We had conference week at school this week to show the parents the report cards and checklists and I loved hearing what my kids' parents had to say about the school year thus far. It is so reassuring to hear how much my students LOVE coming to school. One parent told me that their little boy gets upset on Saturdays when he can't come to school! I mean, really, that just melted my heart! I know, without a doubt in this world, that I am right where God intended for me to be! My 16 kiddos make waking up at 6:00 every day so much easier:)

Along with Fall comes fun themed teaching at school. October is fun because we get to learn all about pumpkins! This past week we studied pumpkins and the life cycle of pumpkins. To wrap up the unit we did a pumpkin investigation with a real pumpkin. Before we dug into the pumpkin {literally} we did some predicting and describing about the pumpkin. When we cut the pumpkin open the kids were in awe. They were SO excited! They loved feeling the pulp of the pumpkin and getting all of the seeds out. They wanted to know if they could each take a seed home and plant it in their yard...I'm sure their parents would have loved planting pumpkins in the front yard! After we got all of the seeds out I took them home and roasted them. The next day we continued our investigation by counting the seeds and making a counting book with our seeds. I let the kids eat some of the seeds and they loved them; actually, they ate all of them that we did not use for the counting book! 

Now, on this gorgeous Saturday morning I am sitting here looking out the window at the pretty weather. The sky is an indescribable blue, the tress are changing colors, and a gentle breeze is in the air. It just makes me happy! We just had pumpkin muffins for breakfast and we are waiting (with a screwdriver in hand) on Auburn to kickoff at Vandy. We are hoping for a win, but know that may not happen! We are coming to accept that this is just not Auburn's year! 


The rest of this weekend is going to be devoted to watching football, CLEANING, running a few errands, grocery shopping, and going on a long run. This weekend I am attempting 10 (TEN) miles....that's double digits, people. It sounds like a lot, but I know I will be able to accomplish those 10 miles once I get going and have KISS and AC/DC in my ears! Maybe next time I will have something more exciting to blog about! Until then, I hope y'all are enjoying this beautiful Fall day! 

--j&b

No comments:

Post a Comment