BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, May 19, 2013

A Three Year Journey

It literally seems like yesterday Britt and I walked across the stage at Auburn University's graduation ceremony. But it wasn't. It was 4 years ago. We graduated in August and Britt moved back to Atlanta to work for a year while he applied to law school. I stayed in  Auburn to begin my teaching career. Britt applied to law schools all across the U.S. He made the decision to attend Cumberland School of Law at Samford University in Birmingham, Alabama. How perfect. I am from Birmingham and did not mind moving back here at all.

In August of 2010 Britt made the move from Atlanta to Birmingham to start this new three year journey called law school. I stayed in Auburn since we weren't married yet. Britt and two other guys found a house in Homewood to rent, and so began the adventures of law school.

Britt's 1L year was fun. I made the trip to Birmingham most weekends, and we enjoyed meeting new friends. Lots of fun was had in the Hanover House. We got married the summer after Britt finished his 1L year. He began his 2L year in August and then we learned how to balance law school and marriage. It was not nearly as bad as I thought it would be. We survived our first year of marriage and Britt's second year of law school...it was essentially a breeze! In August of 2012 Britt began his final year of law school. In December we found out we are expecting our first baby.

And now, here we are. May 2013. Britt has successfully made it through law school. He graduated on Friday, May 17th from Cumberland School of Law! Words cannot describe how proud I am of him. He worked so hard the past three years, and his success is definitely reflective of that!

I wanted Britt's graduation day to be special. He woke up to this :)
Proud wife and momma getting ready to go to Britt's graduation.
Debbie, Al, Kelsey, and Grandaddy made the trip from Atlanta for our graduation celebration. Grandmommy had a sinus infection, so she stayed home to get well {she and Grandaddy are leaving for a Mediterranean cruise this week so she HAD to get well!}. It was rainy on graduation night, so we snapped a few QUICK pictures in the midst of all the other graduates trying to do the same!

 I thought the commencement program was beautiful.
 The stage!
 The best photos I could capture of Britt getting his "diploma" and being hooded. So PROUD!
After the ceremony :)
 Proud parents!
Proud wife and sister with the graduate.
 We missed Grandmommy...we decided we could photoshop her in!
 Britt and his Grandaddy :)
Britt's graduation gift for his future office! 
After the graduation ceremony, we went to dinner at Hot and Hot Fish Club. If you have never been, I highly recommend you try it. It was delicious! 

Saturday morning Britt's family came over for breakfast before heading back to Atlanta. We had donuts, bagels from our FAVORITE bagel place {Crestline Bagel}, and fresh fruit with a new fruit dip I made. I also found a vintage milk bottle that I'm IN LOVE with!
The three year journey of law school may be over, but Britt's journey is not. He starts his BAR review class on Monday. He will spend ALL summer studying, and take the BAR at the end of July. He will be searching for the job God has planned for him. We can't wait to see which job that will be...all I know is that we have faith that there is a job that is meant for him! I am a proud wife. I know Britt will be successful!

When one chapter of your life ends, another one begins. That could not be truer for us. Aside from beginning a new career, we will also being the journey as a family of three in a few short months!

Now, if I can make it through 5 more days, I will be out of school for the summer!! Check back soon. 
Love--Jessica and Britt


No comments:

Post a Comment