BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, July 6, 2014

Chapman Turns TEN Months Old!

We have made it to the double digits in months. How is the possible? I do not know. Anyhow, it's true! I say it every.single.month. , but you amaze your daddy and me every day. You are continuously learning and growing at a faster rate than I thought possible. You did not have a well visit this month so Mommy took your measurements. According to our scale you weigh right at 21 pounds and you are 29 1/2 inches long--what a big boy!
A few of my favorites from your 10 month photo shoot...
You now go to bed at 8:00pm every night. Daddy and I enjoy your new bedtime because you actually get to eat dinner with us {more like sit in your high chair and eat Baby Mum-Mums and Puffs since you really eat dinner at 5:00}; we enjoy it nonetheless, though. You sleep later, too. We don't expect to "hear from you" until at least 7:00am--sometimes 7:30--{one morning you even slept until 8:30, but that was a one time occurrence}. You're still on a two-a-day nap schedule. For a couple of days I thought you were trying to switch to one nap a day, but now you're back to your regular ol' 9:00am and 2:00pm naps.

I always assumed that making the switch from baby food to table food would be a breeze. I thought you would be interested in new foods and love everything we introduced you to--I was wrong! Last month we tried to wean you from baby food, but we had no luck. The doctor told us it was normal for you to not like table food very much. We decided to keep you on baby food for another month, but continue to offer you appropriate table foods. I slowly found a couple of things you would eat, and we decided to take the plunge into "no baby food" again. This time we are sticking to it. You no longer get baby food at all. For breakfast you love to eat a combination of waffle bites and yogurt or cheerios and yogurt. I am trying my hardest to find a fruit you will eat {so far you will only eat bananas}. For lunch you like to eat turkey, cheese, a small amount of bread, and raisins. The only thing I have found that you will eat for dinner is a grilled cheese or shredded chicken. You don't like veggies, though. We will keep offering them to you and hopefully one day you will fall in love with green beans or carrots or any vegetable really! I do know one thing you LOVE--sweets. You recently tried ice cream and cookies for the first time, and you kept opening your mouth for more. You looked like a little birdy asking for food! You still get about 24 ounces of formula a day. As much as I do not want you to turn one, I am beyond ready for you to be on whole milk. We are going to save about a HUNDRED dollars a month once you are off of formula...Mommy and Daddy will be getting a raise!
You've also mastered drinking from a sippy cup! 

Since last month I have had to pack away all of your 9 month pajamas. You're still in size 3 diapers, but we've moved you to size 4 at night for more protection. You are still wearing 12 month clothes, but we are stocking up on 18 month items for the Fall!

You're on the go non-stop! You are crawling so fast now. You follow us wherever we go, and you are so loud that we can hear you coming if we are in another room. Last month you were starting to try to pull up, but now you pull up on anything and everything. You can even use the wall to stand up. You've started walking along the furniture and you can move from one piece of furniture to another if it is close by. We've ordered a new activity push toy, and I bet it won't be long before you are walking. You also think it is funny to crawl under the coffee table, too!

You can't tell, but you're under the coffee table, and that is hilarious to you. 

You've learned to climb on things!

You have so many new favorites this month:
The Tupperware cabinet- if I ever need to keep you busy while I'm in the kitchen I open this sacred cabinet and you entertain yourself for the longest time.
The dishwasher- I basically can't load or unload the dishwasher if you're around. You are so fascinated with it. No matter how many times I move you away from it, pop your hand and tell you "no", and explain that you will get hurt you still crawl back over and stand up on the door.
The toilet and toilet paper- Oh goodness. You have found the potty and the toilet paper. We now have to keep lid closed or you will play in the toilet bowl--gross!
Your Chapman stool- A dear family friend gave you a personalized stool that the letters of your name come out of. You love to sit and take the letters out and play with them.
Your baseball bat and ball- Nanny bought you your first baseball and bat. You love to chase your ball around and play with the bat. Perhaps you will be a baseball player one day!
Books- You love the books in your room; you have a ton, too. You love to pull them out and "read" them. I love that you love books. We read books everyday to foster a love of reading and learning.
New activity table- Since you started standing up all the time we decided it was time to get you some new "big boy" toys. You love to stand and play with the different features of the table. We also took your jump-a-roo to storage {aka DeDe and Grandy's basement} and we are replacing it with a new activity push toy!
Bath time- You still love bath time. You splash so much that you get me wet, and you think it's so funny!






With all of this moving you have been doing there have been lots of falls. Naturally we say "uh-oh" to you when you fall. I think you have heard it so much that you now say uh-oh yourself! It's the cutest thing.

Every morning we go on a run...and every morning you fall asleep while we are running!
You have both of your bottom central incisors. And I think your upper central incisors are about to come in too!

We went to the beach for the second time and you were a pro beach bum. There will soon be more on that topic in another blog. Until then, here are some of my favorite photos from this past month...

We live such a busy life that I sometimes forget all of the cute things you do. These pictures, however, help serve as my memory! 
You learned to drive the buggy at the grocery store.
You and Daddy have fun in the mornings when he is getting ready for work! 
Daddy reads you your bed time stories.
This picture makes me laugh! 
Mae Mae came to visit! 
This sequence of photos is hysterical! 
Peek-a-boo! 
You're my best little pool buddy. 
Caught ya looking at the swimsuit edition...
You love going to music class! 
You love your daddy!
Nanny came to visit you! 
You seemed to enjoy your first Chick-fil-A experience! 
It's hard to believe in two short months you will be ONE. I'm going to try so hard to cherish these last few weeks of you being a "baby". It breaks my heart how fast you are growing up. If I could slow down time, I would do it in heartbeat. We love you to the moon and back baby boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment