BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, June 18, 2012

Sunday Fun Day

Sunday was a great day. Britt and I woke up and decided we wanted to play tennis. We needed to squeeze in a little cardio since we knew we'd be eating so much yummy food for dinner--why not have some fun while exercising? We changed into some tennis-playing appropriate clothes and grabbed our rackets and headed to the Homewood Park courts. Now, I played tennis  in high school for one year (I was NOT very good at all) and Britt has played a little here and there with his family. But we had not ever played tennis together so it was something new and fun to do! 

All the necessary equipment! 

I haven't played in years, but it was fun! 



We played first person to win 6 games. I won the first game, but had no such luck after game 1-- Britt won the next six games. He did not win the last game without a battle, though. I played hard and kept it close--the last game lasted for a quite some time before Britt finally aced his last serve to pull out the victory! 

The rest of the day was quite busy. I visited my Poppy since it was Father's Day. Then I came back home to tidy up the house and prepare for dinner with my Daddy. Thankfully that was not a task that was solely on me. I am so thankful that Britt is willing to help when it comes to cleaning the house!  

Oh yeah,  I almost forgot! I had this for lunch!! What southerner doesn't love a good tomato sandwich?


Dad, Ashton, and Brooks joined us for dinner to honor Daddy. Britt thinks I'm crazy for going to such extremes when we have family over, but I told him that since we don't have kids yet I have to use occasions like these to get my craftiness craving fix! We all enjoyed each other's company, cute decorations, good beer, and great food! Here are some photos for proof!! 











 






And now I plan to spend the rest of the week doing NOTHING--which translates into reading the last Hunger Games book by the pool each day. We'll check back in soon. Have a great week!

-j and b

No comments:

Post a Comment