BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, April 6, 2013

A challenge...

I just got back from a run on this beautiful Saturday morning. I am hot, sweaty, and a little tired. But that's okay because I like that feeling. It means I just exerted energy and did something good for my body {and my baby}. As I was running I couldn't help but think "Gosh, it's so pretty outside. I love running, and I wish everyone else loved running as much as I do." That is a sincere wish from the bottom of my heart. There's several reasons I wish everyone enjoyed running: A) Cardio is one of the most awesome ways to keep your body healthy. B) If you choose to do your cardio outside you get to enjoy God's creation of nature {and it is gorgeous this time of year}.  C) It is a time to reflect on all of life's happenings {whether they be happy or stressful times in your life}. If those aren't three good reasons, I don't know what else is.

I wish everyone would plan a "get healthy" time into their day. I know life is busy and everyone is exhausted at the end of the day. But if you will just pencil in a time everyday to go out and move for 30 minutes you will feel so much better. Trust me, I teach 5 year olds all.day.long. I am tired when I finish. But when I come home from work I rest for 30 minutes, then change into my running clothes and head out the door. When I get back I am refreshed and energized. You will be too!

All that being said, here's my challenge to you-- Get outside and go on a walk, or run today. I promise you will feel a sense of accomplishment when you finish. Then do it again tomorrow, and the next day, and the next, until it becomes a part of your routine that you can't live without. I promise you will start to long for your time outdoors once you see how peaceful it is!

With all of my  love, Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment