BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

2/3 of the way complete!

Wow, we've made it to the third trimester! Every time I say "third trimester" I have mixed emotions. I get really excited because I know we will be meeting our baby very shortly. But I also get scared for that exact same reason. It seems scary to know we will be solely responsible for a helpless human being. I have no doubt that we will be able to handle parenthood--I suppose it is more of a fear of the "unknown".  I've been reading up on parenting dos and don'ts, but it doesn't seem to ease any of my "what do I do if..." questions. I know when it comes down to it we will naturally know what to do, or we will call our mommas! Anyway, we are super excited about this journey called parenthood that we will embark on in 12 short weeks.  Here's an update on this momma and Baby S!

How far along? 28 weeks! 12 {or less} to go!
Please disregard that this chalkboard says we're in the second trimester...Must have been my pregnancy brain! 

Size of baby: This week the baby is about the size of an eggplant. I don't really like the food comparisons anymore because I don't think they can be that accurate, but I guess it gives you a little something to imagine when you're trying to fathom how big your baby possibly is. Right now Baby S is about 14.8 inches long {could be longer if it gets its Daddy's height!} and about 2 1/4 pounds. I can certainly feel the baby more now that it is longer and not all balled up all the time.

Weight gain: Still doing pretty good in this department, in my opinion...between 18 and 19 pounds, depending on how much I indulge in "good" food from day to day. My goal is still to be under or at the 35 pound weight gain mark by delivery day--we shall see! I'm continuing my exercising to try and keep the weight gain at a minimum...

Stretch marks: Still no. Cocoa butter is my tummy's best friend, though!

Gender:  I'll let you know come August 26th...

Movement: Crazy movement is going on inside me. I love feeling the baby move, but when I really think about it, it is the strangest thing to me. There is really another human being living and growing inside of me. What a miracle! I like to call the baby's movement "moving and grooving". My favorite thing to do is wake up each morning and feel the baby immediately start moving. It's like we wake up at the same time:)

Sleep: I am very thankful to still be sleeping through the night {aside from a bathroom break}. I do however, wish I could sleep past 6:30 or 7:00 a.m. For some reason I just can't sleep late anymore. I guess I'm getting ready for early rising once the baby gets here!

Food cravings: None. I still just like to eat my usual diet. Nothing out of the ordinary.

What I miss: Same as always. Beer, wine, sushi, and my long, DECENT runs. I can still run, but my pace is so dang slow! And when I run I feel like I have to use the restroom...even though I swear I go at least twice before I leave for a run. I'm definitely looking forward to being back to my regular, running self.

Symptoms: Really, just going to the bathroom every.10.minutes. No joke. That's all I can complain about right now!

Belly button: It's continuing to get flatter, but it's still not completely flat, much less an out-y. I'll take that!

Wedding rings: Still on!

Maternity clothes: Do nike shorts, t-shirts, and bathing suits count?? If so, yes {that's what my summer wardrobe consists of}! If not, then not really. I wear my comfy maternity shorts a lot now, but I still wear all of my same shirts. I did buy one cute maternity dress for Britt's graduation. Other than that I just throw on a flowy dress when I go somewhere. Oh, and I did purchase my first ever tankini yesterday. That was struggle! I don't mind wearing my bikini still, but figure I should have something a little more conservative on hand, too.

Best moment of the week: We got to hear the baby's heartbeat. That's always so special to me! We also ordered the baby's bedding, and I LOVE it. I can't wait for it to come in...it takes 8-9 weeks so I guess I'll have to be patient!

We're also in the process of getting a new doctor in Atlanta. I found someone today, but I have to wait on my prenatal records to be sent to her before she can begin seeing me. We decided to use a doctor who delivers at Piedmont because it is a little closer to our new home. We are now at the point of appointments every two weeks so I will get to see my doctor here in Birmingham one more time. I am sad she won't deliver our baby..Dr. Tamucci is the best!

I also mentioned that our new landlord is super sweet...he got his painter to paint the nursery for us. Well, when he sent us the lease yesterday we noticed that he included Baby S as one of the tenants. How thoughtful of him! 
Check it out; its really tiny, but if you look closely you can see Baby Smith's name! 

We are getting ready to fly to DC at the end of the week to celebrate our 2 year anniversary, meet Britt's cousin's baby, and meet my college roomy's baby! We can't wait to spend time with everyone while we are there! 

Stay tuned to see how this last trimester goes...I'm praying for it to be as smooth as the last two!
-jess



No comments:

Post a Comment