BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, July 1, 2013

56 days to D-day!!

Woah, we are in the single digits of our weekly countdown to Baby S's arrival now. I am 32 weeks and we only have approximately 8 more weeks {that's only 56 days--eeeeek} until this baby is coming to live in our house...I feel like we have SO much left to do in these 8 little weeks. I have a list of things we still need for baby--
-mattress
-mattress pad
-a couple more crib sheets
-changing pad
-changing pad liner and cover
- bath towels
-a couple more Swaddle Me sleep sacks
-burp cloths
-diaper bag
-bassinet sheets
-get our bassinet from Birmingham
-get baby's "coming home from the hospital" day gown {that I smocked!} constructed
-paint baby's shelf
The list will surely grow as time quickly passes, but hopefully this next week we can begin crossing some of these things off!

As I have stated before, it was sad for us to leave Birmingham, but there are many great things about being in Atlanta now. One thing that tops my list of "good things" is that we got to have an ultrasound at our 32 week appointment...We weren't supposed to have an ultrasound after our 20 week appointment as long as baby and I remained healthy with no real risks. I was oaky with that as long as it meant we were both healthy, but I was sad that I wouldn't see my baby for the last 20 weeks of this pregnancy. I got a pleasant surprise when I called my new doctor to set up our first appointment--they wanted to do an ultrasound! I suppose it was just because they had not done one. So, last Friday we went to our new doctor. We went to the ultrasound first. It was amazing to see how much our baby has grown. It was grabbing its little toes with its hands and moving all around! We got a great profile shot, and I could see a lot of Britt in that profile--the ultrasound tech agreed--she didn't however get a picture of it...grrr! She also said the baby weighs 4 pounds 2 ounces. She said it could gain anywhere from 1/3 to double its current weight. That puts us in the 6-8 pound range. I was 6lbs. 12oz. and Britt was 8lbs. 8oz. I'm guessing we might get a 7 pound baby {at least I hope so}!

After the ultrasound we went to meet our new doctor. We are using Dr. Bennett at Piedmont. She was extremely nice and personable. She has boy/girl twins {like my brother and sister!} that are going into Kindergarten. It was fun hearing about them. According to Dr. Bennett and the ultrasound baby and I are both healthy as a horse. Praise Jesus. We go back for our next appointment on July 12th!

Now, here are my thoughts about being 32 weeks pregnant...
Here's what it looks like.
Size of baby: According to babycenter.com, the baby is the size of a jicama. I had to google what a jicama is--it's a Mexican yam or turnip. The baby weighs 4lbs. 2 oz. and is about 16 3/4 inches long.
Weight gain: Still.don't.like.this. !! 24 pounds...I'll take that, though. Surely I can keep my weight gain to a minimum these last 8 weeks! My goal is still to not gain over the recommended 25-35 pounds. {I guess I will be over 25 pounds, but hopefully not more that 30-35.} I'm continuing to be conscience about what I eat and also exercising 4-5 times a week. I'll do whatever it takes to stay in shape so that it will be easier to get back to "normal" post delivery!

Stretch marks: Still no, praise the Lord.

Gender: I'll tell y'all on August 26th--I vote boy, though!

Movement: It's like I have a little alien inside of me! I LOVE feeling this tiny baby move inside me all day! Its little pokes and rolls and kicks are the sweetest thing I've ever experienced. I know I will miss feeling these movements once the baby is born.

Sleep: Thank goodness I still sleep through the night with no problem--well, I do wake up for one restroom trip, but I fall right back asleep!  For a while I was waking up anywhere between 5:45am and 7am. That was for the birds. Now I {and Britt} am able to sleep until right at 8am every morning. I know we will not be sleeping that late for a LONG time come late August, so we are relishing the ability to do so now!

Food cravings: People, I have yet to have any real food cravings. It's for the best, I am sure.

What I miss: Running. That is all. I go on walks now, but crave a good, long run so bad. It's gotten too hot to run {I think}. I don't want to chance getting overheated and hurting the baby. The baby also makes me feel like I am about to pop if I run. It must get right on my bladder when it's exercise time!

Symptoms: Mhmm...I think I have had some Braxton Hicks contractions. I run out of breath VERY easily now. Not much else, though!

Belly button: Just nice and flat...it hasn't popped out.

Wedding Rings: On! My fingers do swell in the heat of the day...but by night time they're back to normal.

Maternity clothes: Same as before--Nike shorts, t-shirts, bathing suits, flowy dresses, flowy regular tops, my 3 pairs of prized Gap maternity shorts. Britt's cousin, Kathryn kindly lent me a stack of great maternity tops and dresses. I have a few favorites out of those I like to wear.

Best moment of the week: Seeing our sweet baby! Also, making a few baby purchases. We got our diaper genie, a "grass" drying mat for bottles and accessories that Britt has wanted badly, and a few other odds and ends.

Check back soon for an update on us...I'm also going to try to share some pictures of our new home in a blog soon. We are all unpacked and it feels like we have lived here forever!

Love, Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment