BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, July 6, 2013

Fourth of July Fun!

The Fourth of July is a holiday that everyone loves to celebrate. It usually means a day off of work and lots of fun with friends and family. Cookouts and a day at the lake, followed by a beautiful fireworks show, typically top the list of what I think of when celebrating Independence Day. Britt and I don't generally celebrate at the lake, but we do have a tradition of cooking out and watching the fireworks show at Lenox {not this year, though, because of the rain}. In the past years we have been visitors in Atlanta over the 4th of July. Not this year, though. We celebrated our first 4th of July living in Atlanta {well, at least living in Atlanta together, since Britt is from here}. We had Britt's parents, sister, and her friends Annie and Weston over for dinner. I spent what felt like all day in the kitchen preparing everything--not complaining--I LOVE my time in the kitchen cooking. It's like therapy to me...strange, I know! Here's a glance at what we had to celebrate our great nation.

Britt and I were recently watching a show on t.v. and I found a new way to make deviled eggs. Cut the top and bottom off {so the egg will stand up}, push the yolk out {gently, or it will break the egg white}, mix the yolk with mayo and any other ingredients you like, put the mixture in a plastic bag and cut the tip off, pipe into the eggs and top with paprika!  
We also had redneck caviar to kick off the celebration. It's a Paula Deen recipe, so you know it was great!
For dinner we grilled burgers {some beef and some bison}. I love my cute Target dollar section decorations in the background!
Our whole spread--burgers, homemade potato salad, and baked beans...as American as it gets!
After dinner we had Patchwork Cobbler for dessert. I got the recipe out of Southern Living; their recipes never fail me. This cobbler had peaches, plums, and blueberries--a great mixture. Instead of making "patchwork squares" with the dough, I used a star cookie cutter to make my patchwork. I thought it turned out very patriotic! 
 
Britt got these silly sunglasses with one of his online clothing purchases...I was just having fun :)
 I hope your Fourth of July holiday was as fun as ours. I hope you spent time with friends and/or family! 

Love, Jess&Britt

No comments:

Post a Comment