BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, August 15, 2013

A Home for Baby S!

I thought it would never be completely finished, but it is...the baby's nursery is 100% complete! I am so pleased with how it turned out. I think it is beautiful. Obviously I am biased, but still--it really is pretty! It took 8-ish long months to plan, purchase, and put together, but it was so much fun the entire time. I always envisioned an elegant nursery when thinking about where my babies would "live", but it was a little difficult to get my decorator brain rolling when we don't know the sex of the baby. I searched for ideas on Pinterest, and that helped with my inspiration. Now it's finished, so allow me take you on a tour of where Baby S will live!

Looking in from the door.
 Baby's bookshelf...I've told y'all about it before. Look at all of those books our baby already has!  
 This antique baby scale is one of my favorite nursery purchases. We found it in January right after we found out about Baby S, and I had.to.have.it. I can't wait to use it as a prop in Baby S's newborn photo shoot!
 The mirrored dresser is perfect. Right now it houses blankets, sheets, and nursing supplies. We need some pictures of Baby S for those picture frames, too! 
 I stumbled upon these Beatrix Potter prints way back in February, and they are perfect for a gender neutral nursery. So sweet.
 I said it already, but I am obsessed with our baby bed and the bedding. I found this bed a long time before I ever thought of having a baby. I've always wanted an iron crib, and this one was actually reasonably priced. I found it online, but then I was able to find it at Once Upon a Time in Homewood. Once Upon a Time keeps the beds in stock and sells the bed for a little less than online--score! After I figured out which bed we wanted I searched...and searched...and searched for bedding that was gender neutral and pretty. I discovered the Bella Notte crib bedding on a website called Layla Grayce. I ended up ordering it from Three Sheets in Homewood because I like supporting local businesses if I can. 
 My mom ordered the "Baby" pillow for us. I also found it on Layla Grayce's website. Aunt Nell gave Baby S the pretty cross pillow.  And Sleep Sheep is so sweet! 
 A corner of the nursery.  
 The pink dress was mine, the smocked bubble was Britt's, and my mom found the christening gown at an antique store a while back. Another sweet Beatrix Potter print completes this area.
 I saw an antique wire laundry basket like this on Pinterest and wanted one so badly for our nursery. I searched on eBay and found a few. They cost a pretty penny, but it's fun to splurge on unique items-- right?! 
 My OCD-ness doesn't really like the monitor being on this shelf, but baby's safety comes first! 
 Dresser/changing table! Our baby already has a "noise fan" as we call it in our house {it's otherwise known as a sound or sleep machine}! You all know what the Diaper Genie is ;)
Diapers, wipes, Diaper Genie refills, burp cloths, swaddle me sleep sacks, and some clothes are stored in here!
 These Beatrix Potter plates hung in my brother and sister's nursery 21 years ago. Some things are simply timeless. 
 I think the chandelier makes the room. It's so elegant! 
 The 100+ year old rocking chair that my daddy, my brother and sister, and I were rocked in {obviously other people too if it's 100+ years old, but I'm not sure who else!}. I repainted the chair, Britt's Aunt Judy recovered the cushion, and Britt's Granddaddy "reinforced" it because it was a little wobbly. Now it's good to go!
The rocking/feeding corner! The bunny rabbit lamp was also in my brother and sister's nursery.
We are going to order one of these Old Try prints once we know what Baby S is. It will hang in the empty space beside the rocking chair. 
 Looking at the end of the nursery. 
 And although we have created such a pretty space for Baby S to live in, it will stay in our room in the bassinet for the first few weeks of its life! 
Baby's bathroom...Mom and I found the pretty mason jars at Hobby Lobby {50% off} and they are perfect for cotton balls, q-tips, and bath salts! 
All we need now is a BABY! We can't wait to meet this special gift from God; we are truly thankful and blessed beyond belief that He chose us as this baby's parents! Check back soon--j&b

No comments:

Post a Comment