BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, August 3, 2013

So close!

We are getting so close to meeting our sweet baby! I'm not sure how it's possible, but here's one of the last pregnancy updates you'll have to endure...SO soon you will get to read all about our precious baby! Until then, here is another update on me {and the baby}!

How far along: 36 weeks and 5 days...I'll be 37 weeks on Monday!

Size of baby: According to babycenter.com our baby is about the size of a head of romaine lettuce {I still don't get the food comparisons these days}. It weighs about 6 pounds, and gains about an ounce a day! On Monday it will be about the 6 1/3 pounds, a little over 19 inches, and about the size of a bundle of swiss chard. Whew, this baby has got to be running out of room to grow!

Weight gain: Oh lawd. It starts with "th" and rhymes with "dirty".  Seriously. I thought I would die when this day came. It sounds like so much, but I just keep telling myself that I have not gained weight "all over" so it can't be that bad. I will surely lose it semi-easily once the baby is born. Here's to wishful thinking!

Stretch marks: Thankfully the answer to this question is still no. No stretch marks on my tummy {or anywhere else}!

Gender: Eeeeeek, we will know in 23 days!!!

Movement: Duh. All the stinking time. And I still love it. I wish I could explain the movement. I know all you other mommas know what I am talking about! It's just the coolest thing every time I feel its bottom sticking out or an elbow or knee poking out. My favorite is when I feel its little feet kick my side. I'm pretty sure the baby is laying on its side {head down, thankfully}. I also feel lots of little pokes and prods in my left hip. I think thats the baby's hand moving around. I will miss these sweet feeling so much when he/she is born.

Sleep: I can't say it enough. I am thankfully still sleeping through the night {with the exception of potty breaks, but I fall right back asleep}.

Food cravings: Still nothing out of the ordinary.

What I miss: Running. A margarita. Sushi. I haven't been running since sometime in May--but now my walks are even hard! I still walk 2-3 miles most days, but I'm ready to full-on run again. I am thinking about signing up for the Atlanta Half Marathon on Thanksgiving Day. I know I will probably most likely not be able to run a half marathon in November after giving birth at the end of August. But if I sign up for it I will at least train for it and be able to walk/run the course. On to margaritas--I have come to the conclusion that I don't really miss wine or beer anymore.  I just miss a good ol' margarita--on the rocks with salt. I think I might have to figure out a way to smuggle one into the hospital. And then there's sushi. I have been to Genki {our favorite sushi place} a couple of times and ordered the Super Crunch roll that's tempura fried, but cooked sushi really can't compare to my favorite sushi rolls. I will also have sushi at the hospital!

Symptoms: Until a week and a half ago I would gladly be able to tell you I really didn't have many symptoms. But Wednesday before we left for the beach I started having sciatic nerve pain when I walked. It was in the left side of my back/hip. It wasn't horrible. {I had experienced it in the first trimester, but it went away after a few days.} I saw the doctor on Friday and told her about it, but she didn't seem too concerned. So we went to the beach. And I hobbled around for the majority of the time. I slowly made my way to the beach and back up each day. It wasn't comfortable, but it was manageable. Then, on Thursday morning I woke up and the pain was in both sides of my back/hips. I literally could barely walk. I thought I was making it up in my head. I asked a few friends about it and found out that it was more common than I thought. I called the doctor and she suggested a prenatal massage. I got one, but it didn't do the trick. Now that we are back in Atlanta I am going to go to a place that is mainly geared toward prenatal massages and get another one. Hopefully one or two sessions there will work the pain out. I do not like being confined to the couch or bed! I have lots left to do in these last 23 days!

Belly button: Flat as a pancake. I hope it stays that way, because it will freak me out if it pops out!

Wedding rings: They're on. But I will surely be glad when the baby comes and  my fingers aren't as swollen.

Maternity clothes: Same as before. Nike shorts and t-shirts. I have a few dresses that I rotate. I'm ready to be back in all of my normal clothes!

Best moment of the week: Being at the beach and spending time with the in-laws! The beach is my happy place! I was worried that the weather would not be great because it has rained ALL summer. But we had beautiful weather Sunday through Wednesday. Thursday it rained so we went to see a movie; we saw The Way Way Back. I recommend it! Then Friday it was pretty again, but we left because of my not being able to walk :(  It is hard to believe that the next time we go to the beach we will have a baby in tow! Here are a few pictures from our trip...next year I am sure there will be WAY more ;)
View from our condo...it was cloudy the day we got there. 
We walked to the beach to put our toes in the water!
Baby S's first time at the beach :)
Getting ready to lay out the first day. I think I've gotten older because I've started buying SPF 15 instead of SPF 4...
So relaxing!
 Cheers...my virgin daiquiri and Kelsey's pina colada!
 Feeling like a kid again...enjoying my virgin daiquiri from Crabby Steve's!
 We played lots of cards :)
 Last time we are at the beach as a family of 2!
 Dinner at Stinky's--one of our faves!
The day it rained we headed to a movie. Who else knew there's a nice, new movie theater at Grand Boulevard in Sandestin? Not us...we were pleasantly surprised!
Waiting to eat at George's!
My handsome hubby and me at George's. Love him! 

The Farm Stand Tomato Salad at George's was SO good!
Check back soon to get a look at Baby S's nursery! Love, j&b 

No comments:

Post a Comment