BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Chapman is Five Months Old!

Little boy, you just keep on growing {thankfully}! You're five months old now. Mommy can't quite believe it, but you are! You didn't have a doctor visit this month, but I weighed and measured you the best I could. According to our scale you are 17 pounds 3 ounces. I stretched you out and measured you, and you are approximately 26 inches long. I'll be interested to see how much you've grown when we go to the doctor for your 6 month checkup. I love these pictures from your 5 month photo shoot!

You have finally mastered sleeping THROUGH the night. Hallelujah...Praise Jesus...Thank the Lord! There are no more 4:00am wake ups. You go to sleep at 8:30pm and wake up at 6:50am, without fail. Naps are kind of weird for you right now. You have started taking 2 short naps in the morning instead of one long one, a good nap in the afternoon, and a short catnap in the evening--if I can get your morning nap back to normal, I will be a happy mama.
You turn around in your crib sometimes when you're sleeping...when I put you to bed your head is on the opposite end!

Eating time is beginning to get fun! You still take 5 formula bottles a day, but for some reason you have been fighting finishing your bottles. A good feeding is for you right now is about 4 ounces every 4 hours. You eat rice cereal 3 times a day. You were not a fan of it in the beginning, but I started adding a dollop of applesauce and you eat it like a pro!
I call this your "Don't mess with me when I'm eating" face!

Clothing-wise you are now in size 6 months clothes. You can still fit in to some 3-6month sleepers. But other than that, it's all 6 month clothes with a few 9 month things sprinkled in.  You're still in size 2 diapers, but I think once we run out we will begin buying size 3 diapers for you.

Playtime with you continues to be fun. You've really learned how to jump in your jumparoo. You will jump for an hour straight in that thing! You squeal and laugh while you're bouncing up and down--you have a blast when you're jumping. The play mat is still another favorite place to play. You are trying SO hard to roll from your back to your tummy. You get on your side so easily, but you can't quite figure out how to make it all the way over. I put your favorite toys over your shoulder to make you reach for them in hopes that you will roll on over; I know you will soon! You like playing with your toes now, too. You don't try to eat them like a lot of babies, but you do grab them a lot, especially when you're getting your diaper changed. You are beginning to sit up for {very}short periods of time unassisted. Bath time is still a favorite of yours. Mommy lets you sit up and play with the bath toys sometimes, and you are so interested in the water and your toys. You have started kicking and splashing in the bath recently--how fun! You also love books! I'm so glad--I can't wait to teach you to read. I'm excited to see what new things you learn in the next month...you never cease to amaze me at the new things you learn everyday.

My little bookworm. 


You experienced your first snow last week. It was a nightmare here in Atlanta and Birmingham, but thankfully we were all safely at home together. You weren't too sure about the snow at first because it was coming down so hard. You loved looking at it through the window, though.

All ready to go out and play in the snow!

Not too sure what to think.

We went on a walk to the store to get out of the house!
"Ohhhh, look at the snow!!"

Mommy took you to Birmingham for a baby shower last weekend. It was so nice to spend time with everyone. We stayed one night with Big Daddy and one night with Grandmommy and Jamie. Your Nanny visited with you a lot while we were there. We also went to see your Nana and Dada, and you got to meet your Aunt Lavinia. We went to eat lunch with Aunt Casey and Aunt Ashley and Mae Mae, too!
Sink baths are fun when we travel! 
Being silly with your Grandmommy's reading glasses! You kind of look like your Aunt Nee in the picture, I don't know why I think that, but you do!
Great grandmothers are great at feeding babies--they've had LOTS of practice! 
Oh, Nanny, I love you! 


I can't believe you will be half a year old next month. I wish time would slow down just a tad. Until then here are some of my favorite pictures from the past month.
 Chapman and Grandaddy at Charlotte's first birthday party! 
 My little laundry helper!
My last day to wake up as a 4 month old! 

Mommy and Daddy love you sweet boy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment