BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, June 1, 2014

Celebrate Good Times! {My First Mother's Day and a Graduation}


Last Mother's Day I was pregnant with Chapman. Britt was sweet and we celebrated the day, but this year was truly my first Mother's Day! Words can't describe how much of a privilege it is to be a mom, but they also can't describe how tough of a job it is. So it is nice to have one day out of the year where everything is about YOU {the mom}. 

I can't go without mentioning all of the moms in my life--my Mama, my grandmothers, my mother-in-law, and Britt's grandmother! These special ladies happen to be Chapman's grandmothers and great grandmothers too :).  I racked my brain to try and think of the perfect gift Chapman could give them for Mother's Day. I think gifts should be meaningful. I looked on Pinterest, and got a few ideas, but I couldn't decide exactly what I wanted him to make for them. I finally decided I wanted him to make a painting for each of them. "But he's only 8 months old", you say...that did't stop him. We have a little artist on our hands, I tell ya. I ran to Michael's craft store and picked up some small 4x4 canvases and easels, and I already had the acrylic paint. We set up shop on the deck and Chapman painted away. 
 He has no idea how much fun he's about to have.
 Mhmmm, Mommy, what is this?
 Here we go! 
You've got the hang of it now, buddy! 
  Look at me, Mommy and Daddy! 
I made sure to tackle this little project right before bath time. We headed straight for the bathtub as soon as he finished painting.
Here they are--3 of Chapman's first masterpieces.
All tied up and ready to be delivered! 

Sunday morning I woke up, and my boys treated me like a queen. First they gave me my gifts. They sure know how to spoil me--Chapman gave me a manicure and pedicure gift certificate and Britt gave me a massage gift certificate. I can't wait to pamper myself!

Chapman signed his card and addressed the envelope to me!
Who needs toys when you have wrapping paper to play with??
After I opened my gifts, they made me waffles and bacon with fresh fruit. Yum! 
 The sweetest little boy who made me a mommy.
We went to lunch to continue our Mother's Day celebration. 
 Chapman loves riding on Daddy's shoulders! 
After lunch we did a little yard work. Although we rent our house, we still take pride in how it looks! We didn't like how the little beds looked, so we planted some flowers and added mulch. $20.00 later, I love how it looks! 
A before and after shot.
Chapman played outside while we worked in the yard, then he had a picnic on the deck. 
 
 I sure do love this fella! 
We finished off the day grilling out. It was a perfect first Mother's Day. I am so thankful I get to celebrate the holiday! 

The day after Mother's Day we had another big reason to celebrate--Britt graduated from Emory Law! Who knew I would get to use my crafty banner I made for last year's law school graduation a second time? Certainly not me!
But here it is, circa 2013...
 ...and then again in 2014!
I'm so proud of Britt for graduating with his Master of Laws!
  It's fun to look back at law school graduation last year! 
                                      
We've conquered a lot in a year!
Walking up to get his diploma!
I couldn't be more proud of  Britt's thirds diploma.
After graduation we celebrated with lunch at The Optimist.
I love these two so much.
That smile...
After all of the graduation festivities my mom, brother and sister, and my Nanny came to Atlanta to celebrate Mother's Day a day late and Britt's graduation. We enjoyed each other's company while my brother and I cooked dinner for everyone. I was a tired mama after the hustle and bustle of these two days, but very blessed to have so many occasions to celebrate! 

No comments:

Post a Comment